- We love to read your poems. Send up to three in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please format poems in 12 point Times New Roman, single spaced. Each poem should start on a new page.
- Please put “Poetry Submission – Your Name” as the subject line of your email.
- Include a short – 40 words maximum – third person biography in the body of the email. If you would like us to include links to your own website, publisher, Twitter, etc. please include these too. (The links do not count as part of the 40 word bio.) We are unable to make changes to bios once a poem is accepted.
- We are unable to make changes to a poem once it has been accepted for publication.
- Work must be previously unpublished. If any poem we publish goes on to be published elsewhere, we’ll be chuffed for you – and we’d love it if you’d give Atrium a mention. The poem remains your own.
- We do not consider simultaneous submissions.
- We have no set theme. We want poetry that excites us; poetry to provoke an unexpected tear, a woozy feeling in the stomach, a giggle on a rush hour bus. Poetry that tickles, unsettles, warms, surprises, grips. Poetry that makes readers feel.
- Free verse and form are both welcome. It’s what the writer does with it that matters.
- Poems should be no more than 50 lines in length (not including line breaks).
- We are not opposed to strong language or content, as long as it is in context – we are not interested in shock value for shock’s sake or anything that is exploitative or discriminatory to any individual or group.
- We welcome submissions from anywhere and anyone, as long as the work is your own to send, and in English. Our aim is to publish as diverse and vibrant selection of poems as possible.
- We cannot pay for poems. We would like to, but there is no money.
- The editors’ decisions are final and, whilst we will do our best to give a personal and timely response to each submission, we will not enter into further correspondence.
- We aim to respond to all submissions within one calendar month of receipt. If you’ve sent us something and not heard after this time, please feel free to email us via the submissions email address and we will look into it.
- We are currently scheduling poems three to four months in advance (although this does not affect our one month response time).
- Please leave four months between submissions. That four months runs from the date we respond. Submissions sent before that four months has elapsed will not be read.
- Remember, what you send us is your responsibility and it is essential that you follow the above guidelines, as not doing so could result in your submission remaining unread. This is your work – handle it with the care you believe it deserves as you send it out into the big wide world, and we will do the same.
Atrium’s regular Featured Publication spots are by invitation only.
Atrium does not currently publish reviews.